[ckan-dev] How to debug custom extension.

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Tue Nov 11 15:24:26 UTC 2014

Hi Henrik,

did you configure the logging for your custom extension? You can do this in
the *.ini file and then you have a much better insight in what happens.

- Stefan

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Henrik Aagaard Jørgensen <BU1G at tmf.kk.dk>
wrote:

>    I’ve just installed CKAN 2.2.1 on a completely new server, running
> Ubuntu 12.04. I’ve followed the docs step by step for a package
> installation.
>

> Firstly, the ckan_default.error.log outputs:
>
> Exception AttributeError: “’NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘clearing’
> in….
>

> This is when I’ve not added my custom extension to the production.ini
> file. Just a clean install with FileStore, DataStore and Datapusher.
>

> When I activate my custom extension, which runs fine on my local machine,
> nothing happens.
>
> Everything runs as if I haven’t added the custom extension to
> production.ini.
>

> No errors in the log or anything, and no change in theme which the
> extension perfectly shows on my local machine.
>

> How should I debug when no errors occurs?

Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch