[ckan-dev] Geospatial-Extension with different DB-Server

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Fri Nov 14 10:27:56 UTC 2014

Hi gr n8,

I believe this is not possible.

ckanext-spatial will only work with a Postgres database that has the PostGIS extension installed on it. So either PostGIS needs to be installed on your Postgres server (but that would require SSH access and probably root privileges), or you need to install both Postgres and PostGIS somewhere else where you have the required level of access. That’s as far as I know, anyway.

Best,
Richard