[ckan-dev] Fwd: Internal Server Error while creating Dataset

Bhavesh Patel bhavesh.bece.13 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:32:04 UTC 2014

Dear CKAN team,

We have install CKAN from Source into Ubuntu12.04 - 64-bit

Installation Document that we follow:
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/installing/install-from-source.html
 and we have install CKAN 2.2 (Point 2. b)

Now the problem is while uploading the Data..into second step shown into
below figure.. clicking on Additional info button it will shows "Internal
Server Error"

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

Dear Team I have some questions for Running CKAN

1. Jetty is required for webserver or only Apache will work ?
​ (because during setting the filestore document :
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/filestore.html)
​ there apache service we have to restart but while following the
installation document there is no command to install apache webserver so I
am confused for that)​

2. Once installing the CKAN how to run CKAN through Apache ?
​ (currently CKAN is only running through paster command like :
http://localhost:5000)​

​Please help me on this.​

Thanks & Regards,
*Bhavesh R. Patel *

   - www.bhaveshpatel.info
   - www.onlinequizportal.com
   - www.hindisuvichar.com

"Never leave till tomorrow which you can do today"
*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.*