[ckan-dev] CKAN <-> Wordpress

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Fri Oct 10 11:14:40 UTC 2014

Hi Matt,

what are your requirements? You can easily use the CKAN frontend to display
the data and create a WordPress theme to look alike (or vice-versa).
There are already some example around where CKAN and WordPress are used on
the same page, e.g.

mysite.org/ => served by WordPress
mysite.org/dataset => served by CKAN
mysite.org/groups => served by CKAN
mysite.org/about => served by WordPress

etc.

LIke that you can use the best of both world (CKAN for the data part,
WordPress for the CMS part).

This is the exact same architecture that we used for opendata.admin.ch:

http://opendata.admin.ch => SymfonyCMF
http://opendata.admin.ch/de/dataset => CKAN
http://opendata.admin.ch/de/apps => SymfonyCMF
http://opendata.admin.ch/de/faq => SymfonyCMF
http://opendata.admin.ch/de/organization => CKAN

Like that you actually run two different applications and there is no need
to integrate them using an API etc. To do that, you only need a webserver
as a proxy that knows which route must be served by which application.

Best Regards Stefan

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Alessio Dragoni <alessio.dragoni at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Hi Matt,
> why don't use the RSS feed of CKAN and get it into WP ?
>

> On 10/10/2014 09:09 AM, Matt Fullerton wrote:
>
> Thanks. I did now scroll down the list of OKFN repos far enough to find
> the plugin :D but it is quite old and also not really want I want. I just
> need the CKAN data to be displayed on a Wordpress site, I don't need to
> integrate them at the front-end level.
>
>  I may have found what I'm looking for:
> https://wordpress.org/plugins/open-data-viewer-for-austria/developers/
>
>  Even if I may need to remove the Austrian specificity...
>
>  Thanks again,
> Matt
>
>  --
> Matt Fullerton
> Softwareentwickler
> matt.fullerton at okfn.de
> +49 89 74560495
> Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.
> Singerstr. 109
> 10179 Berlin
> http://www.okfn.de
>
> On 10 October 2014 09:01, Henrik Aagaard Jørgensen <BU1G at tmf.kk.dk> wrote:
>
>>  Haven’t been updated for quite some time:
>>
>> https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-wordpresser

Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch