[ckan-dev] Just wanted to say hi.

Tonny Andersen toan at aarhus.dk
Tue Sep 16 12:47:39 UTC 2014

Hi

Some ask how we have implemented ckan and Drupal.

Here is a little description.

The duo Drupal and CKAN

Drupal is running as the frontend of ODAA(CKAN), by that we are using it as a CMS.

A quick run though of the site:
/	Drupal frontpage, with 2 blocks generated with data from CKAN,
	By using the API.
/community Drupal.
/om odaa

/dataset CKAN with Drupal header loaded with Javascript.
/datastore
/group
/api
/fanstatic
/organization
/ckan admin
/storage
/base

This is working without the user noticing by using Apache with
ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse handling.

When a user logs in. Drupal is handling this by setting the correct sesison cookie
Like normal.
This will trigger a hook that will verify if the user exits in CKAN. Drupal will
Register the user in CKAN if this is not successful.

When the user browses CKAN pages. CKAN will check for a specific session
Cookie and validate it against Drupal. If the session cookie is valid the user gets
Logged in.

Our custom Drupal modules are located at Github here:
https://github.com/aakb/odaa_dk/

/Tonny