[ckan-dev] Fwd: Error uploading geojson files to datastore.

Irini Karnachoriti karnaxoriti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 19:50:54 UTC 2015

Hello,
I have installed a ckan instance and while the datastore works fine with
other file formats,
when I try to upload a geojson file I get a 409 error, even when I use
geojson files from other working ckan instances from the web.
For example for this geojson file:

        |{
           "type":  "Feature",
           "geometry":  {
             "type":  "Point",
             "coordinates":  [125.6,  10.1]
           },
           "properties":  {
             "name":  "Dinagat Islands"
           }
        }|

after the file is uploaded to ckan, when it tries to upload it to the
datastore I get the following error:

    *Error:* CKAN DataStore bad response. Status code: 409 Conflict. At:
    http://localhost/api/3/action/datastore_create.
    *HTTP status code*: 409
    *Response*: {"help":
    "http://localhost/api/3/action/help_show?name=datastore_create",
    "success": false, "error": {"fields": ["\"{ \"type\": \"Feature\"\"
    is not a valid field name"], "__type": "Validation Error"}...
    *Requested URL*: http://localhost/api/3/action/datastore_create

What can be wrong?