[ckan-dev] ckanext-showcase: A dataset showcase extension for CKAN

Joel Natividad joel.natividad at ontodia.com
Fri Apr 10 15:17:00 UTC 2015

Thanks Brook for the awesome work on showcase and the plug!

Now that it's in beta, I look forward to checking out all the future
showcase deployments and pull requests from the CKAN community (I already
filed several <https://github.com/ckan/ckanext-showcase/issues> :) )!

IMHO, it will really allow us to "showcase" open data in action, and make
it easier to have an attractive, dynamic UX without the heavy site-specific
theme customization work.

Already, thanks to CKAN's architecture, we've extended ckanext-showcase
with our Discourse integration so users can have conversations around the
showcased entries.  When we clean up ckanext-discourse, will release it too.

Best,
Joel

--
Joel Natividad
+1 347-565-5635

Ontodia, Inc.
137 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10013
pediacities.com * nycpedia.com