[ckan-dev] CKAN upload custom format tsv on schedule

Christopher Njuguna cnjuguna at Rwanda.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 10 12:53:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am trying to upload custom formatted data files from the UK climate site e.g.this file<http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/pub/data/weather/uk/climate/stationdata/aberporthdata.txt>. There are 5 lines of metadata and 1 header line, the file is tab-delimited with some special column data.

1) Can CKAN preprocess the file according to a format I give it so that only data are picked up. Possibly saving the metadata in the description?

I would prefer a frontend option because I want users to be able to do this themselves.

2) Is it possible to have a dataset uploaded automatically once the url is entered. I currently have to go to the manage -> datastore page and click on upload to datastore to have the data populated.

3) Can the dataset be updated at a regular interval?

Thanks,

Chris