[ckan-dev] uploading file is not set

Nigel Babu nigel at nigelb.me
Wed Aug 5 11:40:36 UTC 2015

Hi Mehdi,

The server that's launched with paster serve is a paster server. If
you're using paster server, you need to have your user "own" the storage
directory. If you're going to run the site under apache, you need to
have that folder owned by www-data and then Apache should create the sub
folders it needs.

--
nigelb

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015, at 03:31 PM, mehdi benchoufi wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I found in this doc[1] that authorizations to create `dataset` could be granted with the following option set to true (and it was formerly set to false, unlike specified in the doc)
> *ckan.auth.create_dataset_if_not_in_organization*
>
> But it didn't change anlything when I restarted the server
>
> Best regards,
> Mehdi
>

> Le lun. 3 août 2015 à 11:43, mehdi benchoufi <benchoufi.mehdi at gmail.com> a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently installing `CKAN` from source and it is running it correctly on my local. I have 1 question and 1 issue :
>>
>> - what is the server running when the command `paster serve` is launched ? Is it jetty ?
>>
>> - I can't find any upload button on the user page. I set correctly the storage_path. I followed `this[2]` . But since `apache` is not running I put this line : sudo chown `whoami` /var/lib/ckan/default, knowing that if I put `jetty` instead of my username, `paster serve` throws an error telling that `storage` directory can't be created.
>>
>> How can I deal with that ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Mehdi

Links: