[ckan-dev] mounting CKAN at a non-root URL

Nigel Babu nigel at nigelb.me
Sat Aug 15 03:20:51 UTC 2015

To everyone on this thread, the problem you're all hitting is the same. if you want your ckan site on somedomain.com/ckan, you need to set `site_url = http://somedomain.com/ckan`. Giuiliano, I notice that your site_url isn't set correctly. If you have set it correctly in the config, perhaps you need to restart Apache for the setting to take effect.

--
nigelb

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015, at 08:33 PM, Hildegard Gerlach wrote:
> Hello,

      we also would like to run CKAN at a non-root URL. I think we have
      a similar configuration as Giuliano.

      We are using supervisord to run Ckan with the paster command, but
      I don't think this makes any difference to the problem.

      ---------------------------- extract of superisord.conf

      [program:ckan]

      command=/Ckan/ckan_home/ckan_env/bin/paster serve
      /Ckan/ckan_home/ckan_env/src/ckan/production.ini

      user=ckan

      ________________________________

      and ckan.conf

              ProxyPass        / http://localhost:5000/ retry=1
      acquire=3000 timeout=600 Keepalive=On

              ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5000/

      I tried what has been described in this thread, but I didn't
      succeed to get it working as it should.

      It is also not clear to me where data-site-root can be configured.
      Changing it in base.html doesn't work.

      Would it be possible to get a documentation how to install (or
      move) Ckan on a non-root URL ? It would be appreciated.

      Thanx in advance

      Hilde

      On 8/14/2015 11:08 AM, Armin Retterath wrote:
>> hello together,
>> i now got another subdomain:
>> opendata.geoportal.rlp.de
>> but the viewers are not shown any longer?????
>> on the real server the viewer are shown without any
              problems.
>> on 127.0.0.1 apache proxy_http get port 5000 to 80 and on
            the front server the same module is used to transfer the
            requests so the ckan server ???
>> thanx in advance
>> armin

          Veronese - Provincia di Pordenone <veronese at provincia.pordenone.it>:
>>> Hello
            Nigel,

            thank you for your answer.

            I can not link you the site because it is offline (virtual
            machine for experiments).

            This is the output you asked:

            {"Help": "Return a dictionary with information about the
            site's configuration.", "Success": true, "result":
            {"ckan_version": "2.1a", "site_url": "http: //catalog.data
            .gov "," site_description ":" "," SITE_TITLE ":" Data.gov
            "," error_emails_to ":" catalog-notification at googlegroups.com
            "," locale_default ":" en "," extensions ": [" geodatagov
            "," datagov_harvest "," geodatagov_geoportal_harvester ","
            z3950_harvester "," arcgis_harvester ","
            waf_harvester_collection "," geodatagov_csw_harvester ","
            geodatagov_doc_harvester "," geodatagov_waf_harvester ","
            spatial_metadata "," spatial_query "," resource_proxy ","
            spatial_harvest_metadata_api ", "recline_preview",
            "pdf_preview", "googleanalytics", "SAML2", "datajson",
            "datajson_harvest", "archiver", "qa", "ckan_harvester",
            "report", "broken_link_report", "datagovtheme", "extlink
            "]}}

            I send you the contents of ckan file
            (/etc/apache2/sites-availables/ckan):

            <VirtualHost *:80>

                    ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost

                    DocumentRoot /var/www

                ProxyPass        /geoserver   http://localhost:8090/geoserver

                    ProxyPassReverse /geoserver http://localhost:8090/geoserver

                    ProxyPass        /mapstore http://localhost:8081/mapstore

                    ProxyPassReverse /mapstore http://localhost:8081/mapstore

                    ProxyPass        /mapstore
             ajp://localhost:8013/mapstore

                    ProxyPassReverse /mapstore
             ajp://localhost:8013/mapstore

                    ProxyPass        /geostore
             ajp://localhost:8013/geostore

                    ProxyPassReverse /geostore
             ajp://localhost:8013/geostore

                    ProxyPass        /http_proxy
            ajp://localhost:8013/http_proxy

                    ProxyPassReverse /http_proxy
            ajp://localhost:8013/http_proxy

                    ProxyPass        /geonetwork http://localhost:8082/geonetwork

                    ProxyPassReverse /geonetwork http://localhost:8082/geonetwork

                    ProxyPass        /ckan http://localhost:5000

                    ProxyPassReverse /ckan http://localhost:5000

                    <Directory />

                            Options FollowSymLinks

                            AllowOverride None

                    </Directory>

                <Directory /var/www/>

                            AllowOverride None

                            Order allow,deny

                            allow from all

                    </Directory>

            ### Abilitare FCGI http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html

               # FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess should be <=
            PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS

               # The example PHP wrapper script overrides the default
            PHP setting.

                FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 10000

               # Uncomment the following line if cgi.fix_pathinfo is set
            to 1 in

               # php.ini:

               # FcgidFixPathinfo 1

                Alias /phpapp/ /usr/local/phpapp/

              <Location /phpapp/>

                AddHandler fcgid-script .php

                Options +ExecCGI

                FcgidWrapper /usr/local/bin/php-wrapper .php

                # Customize the next two directives for your
            requirements. Configurata sopra

                # Order allow,deny

                # Allow from all

              </Location>

            ### fine inserimento FCGI

                ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

                    <Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin>

                            AllowOverride None

                            Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews
            +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

                            Order allow,deny

                            Allow from all

                    </Directory>

                    ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

                    # Possible values include: debug, info, notice,
            warn, error, crit,

                    # alert, emerg.

                    LogLevel warn

                    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

            </VirtualHost>

            And finally, the row that contains "data-site-root" and
            "data-locale-root" in source of the page:

            data-locale-root="http://localhost:7000/" >

            I tried to manually edit the file "base.html" and to change
            the 'data-site-root' and 'data-locale-root', but did not
            work and I have restored the original version:

            ORIGINAL: <body{% block bodytag %} data-site-root="{{
            h.url('/', locale='default', qualified=true) }}"
            data-locale-root="{{ h.url('/', qualified=true) }}" {%
            endblock %}>

            RESULT: <body data-site-root="http://localhost:7000/"
            data-locale-root="http://localhost:7000/" >

            CHANGED (but now restored): <body{% block bodytag %}
            data-site-root="{{ h.url('/ckan', locale='default',
            qualified=true) }}" data-locale-root="{{ h.url('/ckan',
            qualified=true) }}" {% endblock %}>

            RESULT: <body data-site-root="http://localhost:7000/ckan"
            data-locale-root="http://localhost:7000/ckan" > (do
            not work)

            Note: that "localhost:7000" is only redirection used by
            VirtualBox ( the server CKAN runs, on the virtual machine,
            on port 5000)

            Thanks for your help.

                Giuliano

              Il 13/08/2015 16:23, Nigel Babu ha scritto:

                Can you link me to the site? If not, please paste the
                output of

                /api/action/status_show. In your case, it might be

                ckan/api/action/status_show.

                Can you also view the source of the page and paste the

                like to see the values of data-site-root and
                data-locale-root.