[ckan-dev] Localization issue for message "File upload too large"

Dominik Kapišinský dkapisinsky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:55:19 UTC 2015

Hi to everyone,

I would like to localize string which is located in this file:
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/ckan/lib/uploader.py#L166 .
For this purpose I did the following changes:
1. I added this line at the start of the file uploader.py : from
ckan.common import _
2. I changed the line 166 to this form: {self.file_field: [_('File upload
too large')]}
3. I generated new  .pot, .po and .mo file, everything was OK.

As the result, I still get this error message in english when a resource
larger than resource limit is uploaded. In general, localization in CKAN
works fine for me. Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Dominik