[ckan-dev] add organizations programmatically

Hildegard Gerlach hildegard.gerlach at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Dec 11 15:46:38 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I would like to add organizations programmatically reading the input
from a JSON file.
I have already an extension in which I read the JSON files but I am not
sure how to proceed to create the organizations (with extra fields) and
checking if they exist already.
Is there something similar already around ? Or can someone tell me how I
have to send the parameters ?
I am using CKAN 2.2
I tried to put some log.debug statements in the file
ckan/ckan/logic/action/create.py and created an organization from the
interface, but I couldn't find the log messages, i.e. the program was
not used ?

I have also seen
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-2.2/api.html#ckan.logic.action.create.organization_create
but I am not sure how to use it.