[ckan-dev] Problem adding datasets using sh script.

Isabel Ruiz isaruizmellado at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:06:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

We are running CKAN 2.2. in Ubuntu..
We have datastore and datapusher.
Actually we have more than 300 datasets on CKAN and it works fine!

We want to add more than 100 new datasets, so we want to create a sh batch
file for it.

We have executed sh file (I attached it) adding one dataset, and this
process does not return errors.

We have these problems:

1- If we go to "datasets list": we notice that this text: "XXX datasets
found" doesn't count new dataset.
2- "datasets list" does not include our new dataset, I mean: it seems our
dataset doesn't exists.
3- If we looking for our new dataset using "Search datasets": It does not
find these new dataset.

If we....
1- If we go to organizations and we select it organization: CKAN shows me
my new dataset.
2- If we go to groups and we select it group: CKAN shows me my new dataset,
too.
3- If we select my new dataset I can see that each field has been created
correctly.
4- We have used curl command too, and we have same problem.
5- We have executed this command (I dont know if it is necessary), but we
have same problems we have told you: reindex paster command: paster
--plugin=ckan search-index rebuild --config=/etc/ckan/default/inifile.ini

What can be wrong with this process?

Thanks !

malaga = ckanapi.RemoteCKAN('URL',
  apikey='ourapikey',
  user_agent='useragent')

    package=malaga.action.package_create(
      name="name",
      title="title",
      author="Author",
      author_email="email at malaga.eu",
      license_id="cc-by-sa",
      notes="Notes",
      state="active",
      type="package",
      tags=[{"display_name": "tagdisplay1", "name": "tagname1", "state":
"active"}, {"display_name": "tagdisplay2", "name": "tagname2", "state":
"active"}],
      extras=[{"key": "key1", "value": "key2"}],
      owner_org="organization name")

    group=malaga.action.member_create(
      id="id",
      object=package['id'],
      object_type="package",
      capacity="admin")

    resource = malaga.action.resource_create(
      package_id=package['id'],
      url="validURL",
      description="description",
      format='csv',