[ckan-dev] New dev group - SLU in Sweden - getting to grips with developing CKAN and Scheming?

Timothy Giles timothy.giles at slu.se
Thu Feb 19 15:09:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am part of a 4 strong team who are just starting out with CKAN, to deliver over the next 2 years a CKAN portal for SLU (swedens agriculture university). This includes a new theme, workflow (really interested in the recent talk about the workflow extension), implementing several schemas (if this is possible), a few new extensions including adding eArchiving to CKAN.

I have managed to get a VM loaded with U12.04, CKAN release 2.3 and the three scheming extensions (itself, repeating and fluent) installed - as I would like to implement a new schema for our datasets which requires this. However - once installed and seemingly working (as in I serve my development.ini with the relevant additions for the three extensions) - how do I use it?

Prehaps I am not phrasing the question correctly. If I have added a sluschema.json file, link in my development.ini - how do I actually set it to appear when I create a new dataset?

I am new to most of these technologies, coming from a mostly MS .Net/SQL etc... background. I don't think my grey cells are beyond learning to develop with CKAN, but, at the moment I feel lost.

Thanks for your time

Tim