[ckan-dev] Ckanext-dcat to generate DCAT

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Tue Feb 3 14:36:53 UTC 2015

Thank you for the answer Adria! Not much thoughts for the moment but it
might come :)

Just to give a bit more context: we are starting a portal project for the
Province of Québec in Canada and we would like to have a DCAT output. We
are starting development this week and will define some of the
"standardization" aspect very soon.

I guess we would wait until the extension is improved (and eventually help
even though we won't have much time for that) but we would have to know now
-if possible- the mapping that will be use. Do you think that the dcat
generation will follow the same mapping as what is currently used by
harvester and documented on the extension repo? At least, we could make
sure from now that we are setting the values (including the several
"extras" that are used) so that we are correctly aligned when the extension
is ready.

Steph

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 5:37 AM, Adrià Mercader <adria.mercader at okfn.org>
wrote:

> Hi Stéphane,
>

> This has not been properly implemented yet, but good news is that we
> (Open Knowledge) has funding available to work on that front. Work
> should start roughly after when the 2.3 release is finished, so in the
> next few weeks.
>
> If you (or others) want to get involved in the design and discussion
> about how best to implement this please do share your thoughts on the
> ckanext-dcat repo.
>

> Best,
>
> Adrià
>

> On 2 February 2015 at 21:38, Stéphane Guidoin <stephane at opennorth.ca>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have was on the idea that recent ckanext-dcat improvements had made
> DCAT
> > generation possible (either RDF or JSON-LD). But by looking at the
> readme it
> > says:
> >
> >> TODO: Endpoints for (paginated) dumps of all the catalog's datasets
> >> metadata in RDF/XML and JSON format. (dcat_json_interface plugin)
> >

> > So in the end what is the status of the ckanext-dcat extension for full
> > catalog generation in dcat?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Stéphane

Stéphane Guidoin
Director of product and service development
Open North
514-862-0084
http://opennorth.ca
Twitter: @opennorth / @hoedic