[ckan-dev] Geonetwork VS CKAN reviews?

Bruce Crevensten becrevensten at alaska.edu
Wed Feb 4 19:00:03 UTC 2015

This isn't a review by any means, but I can say that our organization uses
GeoNetwork (2.6.1, rather elderly) to manage metadata in the
ISO19115/ISO19139 format so that it can be harvested by CKAN for display
and presentation.

We like GeoNetwork's ability to manage the data according to a strict
schema, but find CKAN to have a much more flexible/powerful API and
customization potential.  Also, the GUI of GeoNetwork at version 2.6.1
isn't what we wanted.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:09 PM, <Terry.Rankine at csiro.au> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Anyone here have reviews/comparisons of Geonetwork and CKAN side by
> side? functionality etc
>
> google found there are a few solutions showing both in use but little
> explanation of why.
>
> Terry

*Bruce Crevensten*

*Senior Software Engineer*
(SNAP) Scenarios Network for Alaska & Arctic Planning
www.snap.uaf.edu