[ckan-dev] problem downloading some of the files

Rachel Knowler rachel.knowler at liip.ch
Mon Feb 23 14:03:48 UTC 2015

Hi Hamadi,

We had this problem too, and it was because the filestore index would
get corrupted. Nigel Babu has written this script to fix it:
https://github.com/ckan/ofs-hero. We installed it as it says in the
readme and just set up a cronjob to call it regularly, and haven't had
any trouble since then. (There's more discussion in the archives here:
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2014-February/006826.html)

Hope this helps!

- Rae

On 23.02.2015 13:51, Hamadi Seluan wrote:

> Hi there! I'm dealing with an issue on a ckan 2.0 instance running on
> a ubuntu desktop  (Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS ).
>
> We have a problem downloading some of the files. I could not identify
> the  source.
>
> The site returns the following error "Internal server error".
>
> I looked through the logs in Apache error log and found this Error -
> <class 'pairtree.storage_exceptions.FileNotFoundException'.
>
> The first thought was that the files are missing or maybe a matter of
> file rights but I checked and the files are in place and have
> identical rights as the files that can be downloaded.
>
> I tried to find a link between non-functional files by the date they
> were added but the error occurs randomly.
>
> Full
> loghttps://redmine.seluan.ro/attachments/download/6/ckan%20apache%20error%20log.txt
>
> Any help would be much appreciated. thank you in advance!

Liip AG // Limmatstrasse 183 // CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // Mob +41 78 658 26 12 // www.liip.ch