[ckan-dev] CKAN Vulnerability?

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 01:45:14 UTC 2015

This has been covered in the IRC channel
https://botbot.me/freenode/ckan/2014-12-29/?msg=28462432&page=1

Essentially the default permissions allow people to register and
create groups/datasets and if you don't change these you are likely to
get spam.

This spam in particular is rather scary because it says "HACKED" but
really, it is using functionality that is working correctly to upload
incorrect data - the access control mechanism is working but not
configured to prevent spam.

There is an issue to review these default permissions
https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/2164