[ckan-dev] New 2.3 branch and beta.ckan.org updated

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Fri Jan 16 13:13:44 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Just a quick note to inform that there is a new branch for the
upcoming 2.3 release, which is now officially in beta. The branch is
named "release-v2.3" [1].

beta.ckan.org has been updated to run this branch, and will get
updated nightly with the latest version:

http://beta.ckan.org

You will still see some rough edges, specially around the new resource
views [2] but hopefully these will improve quickly. Much needed
documentation should be available soon.

Please help testing the new branch and submit any issue you find to
the main CKAN repo [3].

We are tidying up the translations in order to enable them for the new
version. Expect them available on Transifex early next week.

@devs please note:

* Any patch that needs to be shipped with 2.3 must now be
cherry-picked from master. Please label your PRs/Issues with the 2.3
milestone if you think a patch should be included and ping me if
possible.
* Only bug fixes should go in now, and from the moment translations
are ready we won't be able to change the template strings unless
really necessary.

Any doubt please let me know.

Thanks,

Adrià