[ckan-dev] automatic index update

Denis Zgonjanin deniszgonjanin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 01:00:06 UTC 2015

Right, I stand corrected - the index update by itself is slow. But this
only affects performance on dataset update/create, which is a relatively
rare operation on most portals.

If you are doing large bulk operations, such as mass updating thousands of
datasets, yes you should definitely turn off automatic indexing, and then
just run the re-index after your import is done.