[ckan-dev] CKAN Auth0 authentication

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Sat Jan 31 09:30:26 UTC 2015

Hey Joel,

this is very interesting, thanks for sharing. I didn't yet look at it in
detail, but a common user base and SSO is certainly a topic for a lot of
our projects.

- Stefan

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 3:55 AM, Joel Natividad <joel.natividad at ontodia.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
> Has anybody looked into using Auth0.com for authentication?
>
> It's identify-as-a-service solution seems quite intriguing, and should
> allow CKAN to authenticate against just about any identity provider
> (Github, Google, Twitter, Yahoo, FB, Active Directory, LDAP, etc.
> <https://auth0.com/docs/identityproviders>)
>
> It also seems to make SSO easier (
> https://auth0.com/docs/sso/single-sign-on), especially since we're
> currently working on ckanext-discourse to enable discourse.org
> integration, which already has Auth0 support (
> https://github.com/auth0/discourse-plugin)
>
> Best,
> Joel
> --
> Joel Natividad
> +1 347-565-5635
> @jqnatividad
>
> Ontodia, Inc.
> 137 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10013
> pediacities.com * nycpedia.com

Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch