[ckan-dev] Versionning / history of resources

hotz hotz at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jul 7 20:48:00 UTC 2015

Hi Stéphane,

we are working on versioning. We have decided for our application to
handle versioning on dataset level not on resource level. Hence,
if a resource of a dataset changes we create a new dataset which
is a new version of the previous dataset containing the not changed
resource.
The basic idea is that a current dataset has the most recent resources, and
older versions of that dataset are related to it by the CKAN-relation
child-of (and
backward parent-of). The historical resource files have to be stored
somewhere
in an archive.

Hope that helps,
Lothar