[ckan-dev] Storing JSON in resource metadata

Hendrik Bunke bunke.hendrik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:50:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

just a short question to make sure I haven't overseen anything.

Since CKAN 2.3 it is possible to store JSON strings in custom
fields, which make multiple values, attributes or even
object-like values possible. That works fine for datasets, and
it's a great leap forward for the flexibilty of custom metadata!

If trying to implement the same for resources, however, CKAN
validation still throws an error ('__junk').

Am I right assuming that storing JSON string in custom fields of
resources is still not supported? If so, what would be necessary
to implement that in CKAN?

regards
hendrik

--