[ckan-dev] Adding new content type in extension

Alan Tygel alantygel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:28:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm developing a open data portal about pesticides in Brazil here:
http://dados.contraosagrotoxicos.org/

The first thing that I missed in CKAN is a way of easily bringing data
highlights to the front page, and linking these highlight to a dataset.

As you can see, I developed an extension that writes some imporant figure
in the front page, and links to the resource that generated it.

I created a controller that randonly throws the numbers, but it is
hardcoded.

What would be the best way of creating a new class (FeaturedNumber), with
some attributes (number, descritption, link to resource), associating with
database, create an insert / edit /remove interface, etc?

I guess I could do it by myself, but I would like to first hear from you
the better direction to follow, as there is nothing similar in ckan (as far
as I know)!

thanks in advance,
alan

--
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Informática - PPGI/UFRJ
EITA - Educação, Informação e Tecnologias para Autogestão