[ckan-dev] Multilingual extension for Metadata, organization, Groups, tags

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Mon Jun 8 18:44:34 UTC 2015

Stefan: that sounds great! Let me know how I can help. Now that I have some
users I should start managing releases instead of just pushing to master.
:-)

Are you using ckanext-fluent with ckanext-scheming or with your own
IDatasetForm plugin?

I'm hacking my own fields into solr in before_index, e.g.
https://github.com/open-data/ckanext-canada/blob/wet4-scheming/ckanext/canada/plugins.py#L279-L281
but I would like to generalize this. It's a challenge because the field
patterns and languages supported depend on the solr schema and dynamic
fields used. Let me know if you've already done some work towards
multilingual search with ckanext-fluent.

I'm also thinking about how to play nicely with the ckan harvester and
sites that have only a single language:
https://github.com/open-data/ckanext-fluent/issues/9 This can be done by
changing internal storage for some core fields slightly and shouldn't
affect our ability to use multilingual versions of things like title and
notes for normal API requests.

Ian