[ckan-dev] Unable to update owner organization through REST Api

Mikkonen Janne janne.mikkonen at hiq.fi
Sun Mar 22 16:42:06 UTC 2015

Greetings.

As a development partner for Helsinki Region Infoshare we are tasked with adding organization support for ckanext-multiedit https://github.com/Helsingin-kaupungin-tietokeskus/ckanext-multiedit This requires the ability to set the dataset's owner organization via a REST api call. Any attempt to do so fails with:

AssertionError: No revision is currently set for this Session

While the implementation slightly differs (I tried get_action('package_owner_org_update') after the REST call), the exact same goal and error are described in this thread: https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2014-May/007451.html No solution to this problem, as far as I can see, is offered however.

Thus I would like to ask is there a way of updating the owner organization through REST api, in:

a)      CKAN 2.1.1 which we are currently using

b)      CKAN 2.3 which we might move on to use in the near future?

Thank you for your assistance,

-          Janne Mikkonen