[ckan-dev] Dynamic metadata fields and different schemas

Jordi Piqueras Bautista jpiqueras at absis.es
Wed Mar 25 16:29:11 UTC 2015

Hi there!

I am starting to get involved with Ckan. Until now I have done some of the tutorials and currently I am installing some of the available extensions.

Does anybody know if there is any extension for customizing metadata datasets fields according differences between datasources?

In example:

-          Uploading text files or documents like PDF: only I want 5 concrete metadata fields to be requested

-          Uploading CSV files with Coordinates Fields (georeferenced): I want 10 fields requested metadata fields. These fields could be different fields than PDF's ones.

In fact, I would like to add a new page where the user could specify first the tipology of the datasource and then the application could request for those fields which are necesary to be requested.

I have seen how to customize In the tutorial a schema with some extra metadata fields but I don't know how to work with different metadata schemas. Could someone give me an example?

Thanks for helping me :)
Jordi.