[ckan-dev] Previewing resources with Google Docs

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 20:24:05 UTC 2015

Hello,

> On 18 Mar 2015, at 19:44, Joel Natividad <joel.natividad at ontodia.com> wrote:
> I guess we can strike off https://github.com/ckan/ideas-and-roadmap/issues/139 <https://github.com/ckan/ideas-and-roadmap/issues/139> from the ideas and roadmap list :)

Just to be sure we can finally close that, I also did https://github.com/rossjones/ckanext-officedocs <https://github.com/rossjones/ckanext-officedocs>

It turns out that MS provided ones might be even better - who knew? It's also nearly identical code, but I'm hoping that people will choose which they prefer and we can kill the other.

> P.S.
> And yes, totally agree that creating IResourceViews was easier that I thought :)  Hopefully, with the new template (http://ckan.org/2014/11/21/new-template-for-ckan-extensions-2/ <http://ckan.org/2014/11/21/new-template-for-ckan-extensions-2/>) we'll have hundreds more extensions listed at http://extensions.ckan.org <http://extensions.ckan.org/> by the time next major release comes out.

One thing to be careful of, the template will tell you to add gdoc to your plugins, when it seems the common practice is to name resource views something_view. Other than that, yes I had totally missed that and it makes life much much easier.

Ross