[ckan-dev] free tags from custom fields

Sam Leitner sam.leitner at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:13:04 UTC 2015

Hi ckan-dev,

I would like to add a custom dataset field that creates free tags. What is
the best way to do that? Is it possible to do this with some slight change
to  _modify_package_schema() and show_package_schema() discussed in the
plugin documentation?  Something along the lines of a
schema.update({ 'new_tag_field': [tk.get_converter('convert_to_free_tags')]
})
?

All I've found in the docs related to free tags is this: "To create a new
free tag simply add the tag to a package, e.g. using the package_update()
function." Further clarification would be hugely helpful.

Thanks!
Sam