[ckan-dev] RFC: New spec for remote CKAN configuration on the ideas and roadmap repo

Anton Lundin anton at dohi.se
Mon May 18 08:13:05 UTC 2015

On 15 May, 2015 - Adrià Mercader wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are planning on doing some work to make CKAN more "cloud friendly"
> and ease its deployment using tools like Docker. The main goals are:
>
> * Make easier to install CKAN in an automated way, eg with deployment
> and orchestration tools and/or in a cloud environment with multiple
> CKAN instances
>
> * Allow authorized users or scripts to change (some) configuration
> options without having to login to the server, via the API or web
> interface.
>
> To that extent we have drafted a spec with the proposed changes, and
> comments are very welcomed:
>
> https://github.com/ckan/ideas-and-roadmap/pull/145
>
> The actual document is best viewed in this link:
>
> https://github.com/ckan/ideas-and-roadmap/blob/88-remote-config/specs/remote-config/README.md

One thing i would love to see to make CKAN more cloud friendly is the
resurrection of cloud-storage based filestore.

I've talked about this previously[1] and still have some feelers out for
trying to get funding to re-implement this, but nothing to announce
currently.

//Anton

1. https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2014-February/006884.html

--