[ckan-dev] User extra extension

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Tue Nov 3 21:56:00 UTC 2015

All extensions are interesting and certainly helpful for providing others
with ideas :)

Link is making one atm which will be a resource view for zip archives. In
some cases zip files hold context in the folder structure inc not data
sources. The extension will as an API flag for additionally extracting data
resources to add to the dataset. It will cover dependent use cases to
refresh resources if the zip is updated, remove orphaned resources, etc.

Should be ready within a little while.

This work is very thankfully funded by data.gov.au :)

We've flagged around 36 days of work over a variety of ideas roadmap
requests we should be able to contribute by end of January too. We'll aim
to do more if we can get funding.

Next week I'm auditing various projects we've been working on over the last
year and will likely do a blog post to highlight things people might be
interested in.

Hoots!

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015, Dan Mihaila <danmihaila at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> During our project (HDX - http://data.hdx.rwlabs.org) we developed an
> extension called User Extras which helps to store similar information like
> Group Extras, Organization Extras, etc.
> If you think it is interesting we could make it available as well for
> other projects. Right now it is published on our github project.
>
> Dan
>

> Dan Mihaila

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au