[ckan-dev] New CKAN API JAVA client‏

David Leoni david.leoni at unitn.it
Tue Nov 17 09:20:22 UTC 2015

(reposting as message didn't arrive on dev mailing list)

On 11/17/2015 09:16 AM, Ross Jones wrote:
> Hi Marco, David,
>
> That's great.  Is this in use,
Hi

For reading operations, we used it in a couple of other projects
(Ckanalyze and OpenDataRise) and also received a couple of pull
requests. Sonatype gives us about 10 unique ip downloads per month. Here
there is a rough integration report on 100 catalogs around the world:
http://opendatatrentino.github.io/jackan/reports/latest/
On average each read test passes in 60% of the catalogs, probably ckan
versions < 2.2 are not completely well supported yet.

For writing operations, as we just released the first version (0.4.2)
with writing support, we can't report real-world usage, although there
is an extensive test suite (100+ tests for writing), so if bugs come out
it should be relatively easy to find the cause and fix them.

> and likely to be maintained?  I'd be happy to update the README on the
> old one to point to your repo if so.
Until March 2016, I can devote working time to maintain it. After, we
need the crystal sphere. In the worst scenario, if there are easy bugs
to be fixed or pull requests to be reviewed I can devote some weekend
time to maintain the library.  Project is quite documented (manual +
javadoc), it shouldn't be hard for eventual new maintainers to
understand the codebase.

Cheers,
David Leoni