[ckan-dev] datacats 1.2.0

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Fri Oct 23 19:44:58 UTC 2015

Announcing datacats 1.2.0

datacats is a tool for easily building and deploying CKAN sites on OSX
and Linux using Docker. http://docs.datacats.com/

In this release we've added a number of features that make debugging
easier. There's a new interactive mode just like running paster
locally (but works for apache in production mode too!). The postgres
command line tools are now included in the web image for easier
backup, restore and low-level debugging. The install, reset and shell
commands have all been made more robust.

For OSX we've added support for docker machine and dropped support for
boot2docker. You will need to convert your boot2docker VM to docker
machine before upgrading datacats.

For a complete list of the fixes and improvements see
http://docs.datacats.com/changelog.html

Get the latest from pypi: pip install -U datacats

Thanks again to our users for reporting, helping us fix issues and
asking questions on
https://github.com/datacats/datacats

Ian