[ckan-dev] Solr tagging

Oliver Standeven ols at pml.ac.uk
Thu Sep 3 09:42:23 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have a little inquiry. I am a student working on placement at PML. I
have been developing some extensions for CKAN and am now ready to put
the system into a production environment.

There is just one thing that is bugging me and I wonder if anybody could
help answer this question.

When I clear out CKAN (drop the database and re-initialise it using he
paster command), solr still seems to have some kind of record of the
tags, as it displays them on the datasets page. It also says that there
are some datasets when there has been nothing added.

Could someone shed some light on this as I feel it will give me a better
understanding of how solr works with CKAN.

Thanks a lot,

Oliver Standeven

Please visit our new website at www.pml.ac.uk and follow us on Twitter  @PlymouthMarine

Winner of the Environment & Conservation category, the Charity Awards 2014.

Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales, company number 4178503. Registered Charity No. 1091222. Registered Office: Prospect Place, The Hoe, Plymouth  PL1 3DH, UK.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses; PML accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.