[ckan-dev] Enabling File Upload - ckan_version: "2.4.0"

Natalia Queiroz queiroz.nati at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 18:48:50 UTC 2015

Hello group,

I'm trying to enable the file upload option and I followed the
instructions according to the documentation
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-2.4.0/maintaining/filestore.html

I'm using ckan_version: "2.4.0"

Those were the steps:

1. Create the directory where CKAN will store uploaded files:
      sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/ckan/default
2. Add the following line to your CKAN config file
(/etc/ckan/default/development.ini), after the [app:main]line:
      ckan.storage_path = /var/lib/ckan/default

[app:main]
ckan.storage_path = /var/lib/ckan/default
use = egg:ckan
full_stack = true
cache_dir = /tmp/%(ckan.site_id)s/
beaker.session.key = ckan

3.Set the permissions of your ckan.storage_path<directory
 sudo chown www-data /var/lib/ckan/default
 sudo chmod u+rwx /var/lib/ckan/default

4. Restart Apache

  sudo service apache2 reload

I still don't see the file upload option when trying to create a
dataset. Is there somewhere else I should enable this setting?

Thanks,

--

Natália Oliveira