[ckan-dev] CKAN API - Problems using config_option_update

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Thu Sep 3 08:18:38 UTC 2015

Hi Vladimir,

Not all configuration options can be updated remotely, only a limited
selection considered safe to be updated at runtime. To check the ones
that can be updated you can call `config_option_list` [0]

You can add to these default options following the steps in this tutorial:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/extensions/remote-config-update.html

But having said, `ckan.plugins` is a bad choice, because you will need
to restart the server for it to take effect, otherwise the plugins
won't be actually loaded and you will get exceptions, so it is not
safe to update remotely.

Adrià

[0] http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/api/index.html#ckan.logic.action.get.config_option_list