[ckan-dev] Deprecated: related items (Apps & Ideas)

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Mon Sep 14 09:09:31 UTC 2015

Thanks Steven - these are all excellent points about machine interactions
with CKAN.

Exposing the workings of government via live data makes sense, and CKAN's
datastore is a decent enough way to do this. The UK has handy dashboards
like this:
https://www.gov.uk/performance/tax-disc
(although it is on a separate platform) The number of vehicle tax renewals
is shown monthly - maybe you could argue the benefits of publishing this
daily or hourly. I guess some people would want more detailed management
information about the inner workings of a system, but I guess at some point
you'd accuse the public of wanting to micro-manage offices.

Dave