[ckan-dev] Something very cool - data pipelines on CKAN

Denis Zgonjanin deniszgonjanin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 14:39:27 UTC 2015

Great job Florian! Making all those pieces work end-to-end must have been
no small feat.

Have you thought about auto-refreshing plots and other output when new data
comes in, pushing those back into CKAN as well?

It's something I've been curious about for a while - for example, letting
users upload a sandboxed script. Or, specify an ipython notebook which
takes in a dataset resource as the data input, and generates a ResourceView
compatible output. Then every time the resource is updated, the script
would be re-ran automatically. Seeing all you've done here, you must have
thought about something similar, so I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

- Denis