[ckan-dev] FW: Installing CKAN using a Docker image

Stephanie Roth stephanie.roth at gu.se
Thu Apr 7 08:06:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

Apologies, if this is not the right forum for my question below.

I want to install CKAN using a Docker image, and started by following the instructions on

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.3.3/maintaining/installing/install-using-docker.html

My Docker version is 1.10.3, and I use a fresh install of Docker Toolbox on Mac OS X 10.10.5.

After executing

$ docker run -d --name db ckan/postgresql
$ docker run -d --name solr ckan/solr
$ docker run -d -p 80:80 --link db:db --link solr:solr ckan/ckan

Like stated on the page, only two containers are running, i.e.

bash-3.2$ docker ps

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE               COMMAND                 CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES

84e305e0fca1        ckan/solr           "java -jar start.jar"   7 minutes ago       Up 7 minutes        8983/tcp            solr

dd6b9929f6dc        ckan/postgresql     "/usr/local/bin/run"    7 minutes ago       Up 7 minutes        5432/tcp            db

bash-3.2$

And the ckan container cannot even be started via Kitematic (GUI interface) either.

Any hints on how to get this rolling?

Thank you so much in advance.

Sincerely,

Stephanie