[ckan-dev] Need some help for CKAN, pretty please :)

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Thu Apr 21 08:25:37 UTC 2016

Heya folks,

Last year we had what I thought was a really great CKANCon attached to the
IODC event in Ottawa. The CKAN Association Steering Group is looking at
logistics for doing this again for 2016 in Madrid.

So, nothing confirmed as yet, but the intent to organise something similar
yet infinitely better is there.

I think in Ottawa we had quite a few people attend who were pretty much
first timers, or loosely connected to CKAN via appreciation of it being
used in things which overlap with their interests.

Where I personally appreciated the event was in being able to meet with
people like Ian Ward, Joe Natividad, David Read and others - folks who
code, configure, manage and contribute to CKAN in a very direct way.
Getting to know these guys personally was really rewarding.

So, over the last year on this list I've seen some fantastic and considered
comments in response to issues people are facing with CKAN. I've seen lots
of support, freely given, and lots of great advice.

What I'd like to know is how many of you think it is possible you'd be able
to get up a business cases to come to Madrid on October and catch up. Are
people already planning on attending IODC?

So far I know that I'll be there, Joel Natividad will be there, Sebastian
Moleski will be there and a number of others are most likely coming...

Without holding anyone to their word, can I get a rough idea on how many
others on this list are considering going?

I updated this business case template for 2016 - anyone who needs to lobby
for getting to IODC can use it as a starting point:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PZNV8YcogDSnzY1eFAFhaqZKYC4sHKw0mzltTU6ThJk/

If the yet to be confirmed CKANCon goes ahead (no chance in my mind it
wont) then I'll write another business case template more specifically
related to the learning and community building opportunity for developers
of CKAN.

So - that is pretty much why I'm asking this list who is thinking they
could make it to Madrid in early October... I want to indicate the number
and quality of people in a business case template and help more people get
funding to attend :)

Feel free to reply, or email me direct if you want to be less public about
more tentative plans :) Email is steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au

Hoots!

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au