[ckan-dev] FW: Installing CKAN using a Docker image

Teg-wende Idriss TINTO tinto.jean at titinto.net
Thu Apr 7 14:14:21 UTC 2016

Hi Stephanie,
In addition to what David said, sometime solr come with the wrong
schema.xml. So you have to download the right one [1] and run it with
solr[2].
Hope it help.

Best

1. wget https://github.com/ckan/ckan/blob/master/ckan/config/solr/schema.xml
2. docker run -d --name solr -v
`pwd`/schema.xml:/opt/solr/example/solr/ckan/conf/schema.xml ckan/solr

On 07/04/2016 13:45, David Read wrote:
> Stephanie,
> You've stumbled on old docs - these old docker images are not
> recommended. For more info, see the note here:
> http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/maintaining/installing/index.html
> David
>
> On 7 April 2016 at 09:06, Stephanie Roth <stephanie.roth at gu.se> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apologies, if this is not the right forum for my question below.
>>
>> I want to install CKAN using a Docker image, and started by following the
>> instructions on
>>
>> http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.3.3/maintaining/installing/install-using-docker.html
>>
>> My Docker version is 1.10.3, and I use a fresh install of Docker Toolbox on
>> Mac OS X 10.10.5.
>>
>> After executing
>>
>> $ docker run -d --name db ckan/postgresql
>>
>> $ docker run -d --name solr ckan/solr
>>
>> $ docker run -d -p 80:80 --link db:db --link solr:solr ckan/ckan
>>
>> Like stated on the page, only two containers are running, i.e.
>>
>> bash-3.2$ docker ps
>>
>> CONTAINER ID        IMAGE               COMMAND                 CREATED
>> STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
>>
>> 84e305e0fca1        ckan/solr           "java -jar start.jar"   7 minutes
>> ago       Up 7 minutes        8983/tcp            solr
>>
>> dd6b9929f6dc        ckan/postgresql     "/usr/local/bin/run"    7 minutes
>> ago       Up 7 minutes        5432/tcp            db
>>
>> bash-3.2$
>>

>> And the ckan container cannot even be started via Kitematic (GUI interface)
>> either.
>>
>> Any hints on how to get this rolling?
>>
>> Thank you so much in advance.
>>
>> Sincerely,