[ckan-dev] Maintenance mode

Florian.Brucker at mb.karlsruhe.de Florian.Brucker at mb.karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 7 16:09:08 UTC 2016

David,

thanks for the update. It's good to know that everything goes through the
API so that blocking writes there is a possibility. However, that means
that users can still start to add/edit data and only receive an error when
they try to submit their changes. So, as you said, one would at least need
some kind of popup message on logins, although that would miss users that
are already logged in. So maybe one could also change the edit templates so
that they show a notice instead of their input form when maintenance mode
is enabled.

Unfortunately I currently don't have the time to implement this properly.
However, I might have in the future and I'd like to keep track of the idea
so I'd like to file a ticket. Should that ticket go to ideas-and-roadmap or
to ckan?

Florian

"ckan-dev" <ckan-dev-bounces at lists.okfn.org> schrieb am 07.04.2016
16:00:12: