[ckan-dev] CKAN Enterprise Stack Release

Shane Davis shane.davis at linkdigital.com.au
Thu Aug 4 11:54:26 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I previously eluded to the fact we'd be publicly releasing an Enterprise
CKAN Stack for AWS.

This is very much a work in progress and we know from UAT there are known
issues to be resolved.
That said, from some of the issues I've been seeing in the ckan-dev mailing
list, I think the work we've done so far will be of immense value to
others. On this basis I've taken the bold move of doing a "preview" release.

Within Link we've moved to this stack, so the pressure is on me personally,
and the teams I work with, to get it up to production quality as quickly as
possible. This is a real "eat your own dog food" project within Link.

Hope you enjoy.

You need the following CloudFormation templates to build an OpsWorks stack:
https://github.com/DataShades/ckan-aws-templates

In the process of entering parameters for the CloudFormation template,
you'll need the following cookbook URL for the OpsWorks stack:
https://github.com/DataShades/opswx-ckan-cookbook

I'd be thrilled if this helps a few people out of binds with their own
builds.

Shane.

*SHANE DAVIS*  |  *SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER*
Link Digital
www.linkdigital.com.au
p: *02 6111 2907 <02%206111%202907>* | f: 02 6248 5582
m: 0400 611 428
t: @link_sdm
s: link_sdm
PO Box 199 Canberra ACT 2601