[ckan-dev] site login and logouts drop to http when connecting over SSL

hoechee yam yam.hoechee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:31:11 UTC 2016

Has anyone come across scenarios where user login and logouts drops to port
80 (http) even though I've configured my load balancer to only listen to
port 443 (https)?

I've followed all the steps here - https://github.com/ckan/ckan/wiki/SSL.

My site starts from  https://mysite.com
But when I try to logout/login, it tries to reach
http://mysite.com/user/login?came_from=/user/logged_in
After a while, my browser's connection is reset with a grey screen.
I can tell that I'm logged in because i can get to
https://mysite.com/dashboard, but only if i enter the url manually after
the connection reset

One thing I took note is that my SSL certs are already given at the load
balancer level. (we're using AWS)
I"m not sure giving the SSL cert and key again on NGINX config would work.

This whole SSL configuration is new to me, so i'm not sure where to look
for answers.
Would really appreciate if anyone have any answers here.

Thanks!