[ckan-dev] Organization hierarchy

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Tue Aug 9 11:31:46 UTC 2016

Hi Lucia,

For example if a children organization moves to other parent, one should
> change the contents of that field in every dataset and re-index it, maybe
> this already happens automatically.

Yes this should probably happen, but depending on how important it is to
have this change reflected right away, you could also defer that, and
simply run the paster command "search-index rebuild" daily (or hourly) and
have it updated then.
Just a thought, maybe a "proper" implementation is the better solution.

> In addition to the facets, I want that the organization hierarchy is shown
> in the breadcrumb navigation (ex. home/organizations/parent/child) and in
> the page of every organization if available, the children organizations and
> their datasets.

In order to do that, you'll need to implement the IRoutes interface (
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/extensions/plugin-interfaces.html#ckan.plugins.interfaces.IRoutes)
and change the way the organization routes are handled by CKAN.

I hope it'll work I'm happy to help.

- Stefan

--
Liip AG  // Limmatstrasse 183 //  CH-8005 Zürich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch