[ckan-dev] unusual behavior when adding and viewing groups

Sasha Cuerda scuerda at ctdata.org
Tue Dec 6 02:52:24 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

I'm running into very strange behavior with groups on CKAN 2.6. I'm in the
process of upgrading a  CKAN site from a much earlier version and I've had
to develop some migration scripts to manually recreate datasets, resources,
and groups.

All of the datasets are correctly migrated and can be viewed. When I am in
the `/dataset` view, I can see the list of datasets and, in the sidebar,
the complete list of groups that I created (in this case 11) along with the
count of datasets for each group. If I click on a group, filtering works
correctly.

However, if I go to the `/group` url, I get nothing -> "No groups found".
Similarly, if I visit `/api/3/action/group_list` I get back an empty list.
Calling `action.group_list()` using the python ckanapi package also returns
an empty list.

If I create a group using the web interface, it works fine. The api returns
the correct results. All of the groups that are visible on the `/dataset`
page are still visible, but the new, web-interface created group is not in
this list.

This seems unusual. Has anyone run in to anything like this before?

Thanks in advance.

Sasha
--
CT Data Collaborative, Director of Technology
805 Brook St Building 4