[ckan-dev] Changing a datasets organisation - still not working?

Timothy Giles timothy.giles at slu.se
Tue Dec 6 07:38:04 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I realised last night that we have, on our test server, some datasets without an organisation. So, I first thought perhaps I just patch the package with the correct owner_org value (an organisation id). After wondering why that was not working, I found the :

ckan.logic.action.update.package_owner_org_update(context, data_dict)
Update the owning organization of a dataset

Parameters:
id (string) - the name or id of the dataset to update
organization_id - the name or id of the owning organization

function, which seemed to fit the bill perfectly. With my sysadmin account in hand, I tried using it and came across an error message mentioning that the current session did not have a revision set.

https://github.com/ckan/ckan/issues/2661

I am using CKAN 2.5.3. I can see a fix has been added - but I wonder if it is working? Would anyone that has 5-10 mins try altering a datasets owner_org to see it this is the case?

I should also mention that I manually added the same to my context (as is noted in the above fix). Did not help.

Thanks Timothy