[ckan-dev] Open Data for the People

Steven De Costa steven.decosta at linkdigital.com.au
Sun Dec 11 22:46:33 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I've attached what I guess is an essay that articulates the direction in
which we think open data portals should point. From Link's perspective this
is something of a positioning statement as it represents what we've come to
understand via the amazing learning opportunity we've shared with our
clients and the many vibrant 'open' communities since late 2012.

There is still much to learn, which is coming through faster than ever.

2015 has been an epic year. 2016 will be something special again!

Cheers,
Steven

PS - will just post this here (CKAN dev/user lists) and in the Open
Knowledge Australia list. Happy for folks to share wider if they think
others might benefit from the thinking.

Will tweet a link via twitter.com/link_digital soon for those who are
interested in sharing there.

*STEVEN DE COSTA *|
*EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR*www.linkdigital.com.au