[ckan-dev] ckanext_ldap

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 11:44:38 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

I found it pretty easy to write an extension. I'm a Python novice although
I have a lot of development experience in other languages. If you follow
this tutorial ...

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/extensions/tutorial.html

... and pay particular attention to the toolkit as that is the gateway to
all of ckan's api from your plugin, you should be fine. I used python-ldap
inside my plugin, which was easy enough. Once you've written yourself a
basic plugin and you know that it's talking to CKAN, have a look at:

https://github.com/adrianfish/ckanext-ssoldap

All my python-ldap code is in there. The good news is that Python is a nice
language and the CKAN community have put a considerable amount of effort
into the docs.

The PAM bit I can't help you with, I'm afraid. Good luck :)

Cheers,
Adrian.