[ckan-dev] ckan AuthUserFile Problem

Lorenzo Cipriani cipriani.lore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:47:55 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I have ckan on centos 7 and apache, i'd like to have a password to enter in
my site with AuthUserFile...

This is the configuration of my virtualhost but when i digit the password i
can enter in my site (example http://mydomain.com ) but don't see any
resource (error 500), Can you help me ?

If I Use the link with port 5000 http://mydomain.com:5000 all ok!

Thanks

WSGISocketPrefix /var/run/wsgi
<VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:8080>
    ServerName mydomain.com
    ServerAlias www.mydomain.com

     <Location />
       AuthType Basic
       AuthName "Autorizzazione"
       AuthUserFile "/etc/ckan/default/.htpasswd"
       Require valid-user
    </Location>

    WSGIScriptAlias / /etc/ckan/default/apache.wsgi
    # pass authorization info on (needed for rest api)
    WSGIPassAuthorization On
    # Deploy as a daemon (avoids conflicts between CKAN instances)
    WSGIDaemonProcess ckan_default display-name=ckan_default processes=2
threads=15
    WSGIProcessGroup ckan_default

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/ckan_default.error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/ckan_default.custom.log combined

</VirtualHost>